Intensive horticultural course
What is covered during the day
- Planning and design of your garden and polytunnel.
- Soil, composition, how to improve it.
- composting and how to use the compost.
- Calender of sowing & companion planting.
- Spacing vegetables.
- Weeds and their uses.
- Vegetable varieties, sowing and planting
- Fruit trees, fruit bushes and roses pruning explained.
- Tools, mulching, hoeing.
- Vegetable garden, kitchen garden, pleasure garden.
At the end of the course you will have the skill and knowledge to create your own kitchen garden.I will give you a hand out .
This course is a must if you want to understand in just one day the essence of traditional gardening.
You will be well equipped to follow the seasonal courses.
The cost of this course is 100 euro per person.
It is a full day course. It starts at 9h30 and finishes at 16h30.
Small groups up to 7
You will get tea/coffee on arrival, tea break around 11am and lunch at 1pm.
At the end of the course you will be equipped to start your own garden and a full range of follow up courses will be available to you.
You can ring me personally on